This week I tried 2 new things so far.
The 1st one didn't turn out to bad. I gave my first haircut to Josh. We are trying to save money and my mom has a clippers so I did it. The other problem we have is Josh usually wants a hair cut on a Sunday night when all the barbers are closed. My aunt has cut it in the past but Josh didn't want to bug anyone on a Sunday. He actually went to work and told the guys I cut his hair they also thought it turned out pretty good for a first time and no schooling of course.
The 2nd thing didn't turn out so well. I attempted to drive tractor for my Dad. I remind you I am 26 and have never driven a tractor. My sister used to rake hay when we were kids but by the time my parents thought I was ready they also thought Teddy was ready. If you know Ted you know he is in charge so he drove tractor while I did the hard labor like feeding and bedding the cattle when we were younger. I know you are thinking where is Matt well he has been milking cows and also helping the farmer he works for in the field. Mom of course refused to drive tractor, Amy is in Brainerd (smart girl, move away far enough they don't call you) with 4 kids so that must have not been an option either. So, when I got the call my question was what will I do with Faith, Mom of course said she would watch her. I got to the tractor of course it is the biggest one he owns. I was kind of wondering why he put me in the biggest one when the others started out on the smallest one and went very slow. I got the directions and then started I have to admit I am not good at turning such a big rig. After last night I think I may have gotten fired. OK with me it took me way to long to turn, I knew when I was doing it my Dad and brothers are much faster than I will ever be. Driving tractor is nothing I will be able to do for a little extra cash.
I guess you are never to old to learn new things, but you don't have to like them!!!!
I wish I could have seen you driving the tractor!
ReplyDeleteI never knew that you didn't get to drive tractor growing up at home. I just assumed.
ReplyDelete