Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What Next....

Well the last couple of weeks I have been busy trying to get flowers planted and also killing some off because I needed to get a flower bed cleaned out. Josh tried spraying the flowers so he brought home some stuff from work. Let me just say it killed my grass but not the flowers, just a slight problem if you know how I like my yard and try to keep it looking nice all summer long. So I had to dig them all out and get the roots and now I am going to replant the flower bed with something else. I like trying new things but I did not want any more flower beds right now in my yard to take care of. I am finding it challenging with Faith keeping them all weeded and watered with Josh working long hours during my flower season. I will try and post pictures of some of my flowers when I get the new ones planted. It may be a while because I like to buy a few here and there. It took me only 4 years to get all my flowers planted in my flower bed by the deck. I like looking for deals also, I never pay full price for perennials. I am sure most of you are thinking why is she making more work for herself but I love spending time outside working on the yard I find it peaceful and relaxing.

Oh, I forgot to mention some of my flowers have hail damage. It hailed here Sat night and when I went out to check on them some of them are ripped to shreds and look awful. I guess time will tell if they will make it.

I mowed my Mom and Dads lawn tonight and then I started working on her flower bed. It is the first flower bed I did completely on my own. It needs a lot of work since my mom never follows my directions so that is the next project on my list (getting it cleaned up and the pond working).

There is no better feeling then having a freshly mowed lawn and weeded flower bed. OK, I know I am weird but it is like thee only hobby I have right now and its cheap!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your wierd I agree I love the way our yard looks after it is mowed and all of my flowers in fulll bloom! I think it is even more fun now that Owen has taken a major interest in gardening as well. He calls our veggie garden his and loves to pull weeds and check out what is growing!

    ReplyDelete