Sunday, August 12, 2012

My 2nd Miracle

I was going to stop blogging but after this last week I thought what the heck I will have lots of time now to be on the computer. So this is my story of my second Miracle.

On good Friday I found out that I was prego, I am not going to lie I was a little scared when I found out, Don't get me wrong it was something Josh and I wanted but with my past it was a scary time also. So, when I thought I was 6 weeks along I went to the Doc. they did an ultrasound and there was no heart beat (should be by week 6) so my doc told me you must have your dates wrong and was told to come back next week. I knew I did not have the dates wrong because we had been trying for a year so anyone who has gone through trying knows thier dates. So I made an appt to come back the next week. Still no heart beat so at that time I was given my choices as was as terminating the preg. My doctor however did want to run blood tests because of my past. I was terrified and waited for the phone call from my doc. however it was a Friday when I went for blood tests so I did not hear anything until Monday moring. Monday I got a call from work saying you need to come into the clinic today for more tests. Tuesday the clinic called and told me the Doctor needs to see you today and she will fit you in whenever you can come in. So off to the clinic I went when I got there the doc met with me and went over my blood numbers mine where not reflecting a miscarriage like she thought the numbers were going to. She then told me she wanted to do another ultrasound to see what was going on. That is when my 2nd Miracle had a heart beat. I was in shock and so was my doctot to see there was a healthy heart beat and everything looked great. I was told my due date would be Dec 21, I laughed ( I always said no December Babies for me, I have a December Birthday and hate it) still in shock I had to tell everyone that I had told I was having a miscarriage I really wasn't.

All my check ups had been great. I was told I would have to take a weekly shot due to Faith being early. The shot is a pegestron shot which is supposed to help preg women from going into labor. It can be very expensive however since I had a premature birth some insurance companies will pay for it.

At week 20 my doc suggested going and having a level 2 ultrasound. Not because she saw anything wrong but felt if you qualify to get the 2nd level ultrasound you should. I agreed. On Aug 8, I went to have the ultrasound and that is where it all went down from there.

As the Tech was doing the ultrasound she was telling Josh and I how baby was looking good and then she said because of your past we are going to check your cervix. And that is when it all began. I was told my cevix was shorter than what it should be at this point in the preg. I was given 2 options. 1- bed rest, 2- a cerclage and bed rest. So I asked when would I had the surgery she said tomoorow morning at the U of M. Josh and I agreed Cerclage and bed rest it is.

Surgery went well and Friday night we were finally on our way home. Surgery was only about 15 minutes long however they give you a spinal because they do not want to put you to sleep because of baby. Spinals suck!!! They poked me several times and that has been the worst part of the surgery.

So whats next?????
Bed Rest, Complete Bed Rest, well if anyone knows me this is not a good thing, I am aloud to go to doc appointments, sit up to eat, go to the bathroom and shower. The example I was given is in an hour time 45 minutes should be laying down and you get 15 minutes to sit up or go to the bathroom ect.

So I was 21 weeks along on Friday. Baby is very active and doing great. My goal is to stay preg and make it to at least week 34-35 when they remove the cerclage.

1 comment: